ENO TREELYMPICS 2017
ENO Treelympics is an event for schools, children and youth and additionally to cities or municipalities. Trees have to be planted from 1 March
to 31 December 2017
. Event will be closed 31 December at 11:59 PM GMT.
After that you can enter trees but they are not counted for ENO Treelympics.
REGISTER LATEST BY 31 JULY
All the students who plant trees at your school are participants under Team category and will receive certificates. In addition, school is entitled to nominate one student to take part in the individual category. You can choose this student after your planting, the one who plants the most. You can register to ENO Treelympics in advance or after your planting.
To ensure your participation, we recommend to register in advance. Registration is open between 1 Mar and 22 May 2017. New participants are not allowed after 31 July 2017. If you will plant trees only later this year you have to register by 22 May 2017. The overall contest will finish 31 Dec 2017.
Local communities are welcome to assist with seedlings, planting areas and preparatory work. Find areas that are big enough, suitable for tree planting and safe. Plant only trees species of local origin. If you plant different species remember to mention them when you enter the data online.
When you enter information online about your tree planting, these questions are asked:
- Tree species: we have 700 tree species in the database in Latin names. You can choose of them or if you don't find you tree species, choose "other".
- Number of trees planted: inform the exact number of trees planted
- Number of participants: how many people took part including people who did possible preparatory work
- Comments: add your comments, preferably in English
- Photos: to verify your event, attach 1-2 photos
ONLY ONLINE SUBMISSIONS
The overall results of ENO Treelympics are based only on the data submitted with online form. If schools have connectivity problems with internet we suggest to ask assistance from local school authorities. In this case you can also email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you!
As the ENO Programme lays strongly focus on ethical sustainability, we are committed to be honest. For children and youth, teachers make sure that the number of trees informed is correct. Country coordinators and outside observers will make visits to verify tree planting actions at schools and in communities.
- Schools category cover schools under primary and secondary education, students 6-18 years old. So universities and higher education are excluded from this category. But we have youth category for older students under Individuals. Only school members are eligible to plant ( students, teachers, staff and parents). Local communities are welcome to assist with seedlings, planting areas and preparatory work.
- In the country category, we sum up the number of trees planted in different countries, see the number of registered schools and relatively biggest percentage of schools per country. The representative of country will be national ENO coordinator or if a new country, school that has planted most trees there.
Each partiicipant will receive ENO Treelympics Certificate. Due to large number of participants in team categores, one certificate will be sent to teams who will copy and deliver them to participants. Certificates will be sent electronically via email.
All the participants will receive ENO Treelympics Certificates. Awards will be given to three best participants in both categories. Top 10 schools will be invited to attend ENO Treelympics Seminar and Award Ceremony, to take place in Taiwan 2018.